She Was There Too

I want to make you a sandwich.  That was my recent thought but now I remember it wasn't my first.  The first thought was eggs benedict.  I want to make you eggs benedict.  and mimosas.  I dont know how to make the eggs benedict exactly but the internet does so that means i do too.  I will bring the things in plastic grocery bags and i will put them on your counter and pull out the things and put them into the refrigerator and i will make Alexa play the music i want.  The sun won't be all the way into the windows yet but there will be sun.  The day will be noisy but I will tell Alexa, "Alexa, volume 8." and then Jim Croce will sing to an operator.

The other night, with heavy, cut-glass in my fist, I ate dinner with my eyes closed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rusty

Happy Birthday To Me